Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!
1. When did ”Little Suzie” finally wake up?
(a) The movie’s over, it’s 2 o’clock
(b) The movie’s over, it’s 3 o’clock
(c) The movie’s over, it’s 4 o’clock
2. ”Rock Around The Clock” was used in what movie?
(a) Rebel Without A Cause
(b) Blackboard Jungle
(c) The Wild Ones
3. What’s missing from a Rock & Roll standpoint?
4. ”I found my thrill…” where?
(a) Kansas City
(b) Heartbreak Hotel
(c) Blueberry Hill
5. ”Please turn on your magic beam_____ _____ bring me a dream,”
(a) Mr. Sandman
(b) Earth Angel
(c) Dream Lover
6. For which label did Elvis Presley first record?
7. He asked, ”Why’s everybody always pickin’ on me?” Who was he?
(a) Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
(b) Charlie Brown
(c) Buster Brown
8. In Bobby Darin’s ”Mack The Knife,” the one with the knife, was named:
(a) Mac Heath
(b) Mac Cloud
9. Name the song with ”A-wop bop a-loo bop a-lop bam boom.”
(a) Good Golly, Miss Molly
(c) Tutti Fruitti
10. Who is generally given credit for originating the term ”Rock And
(a) Dick Clark
(b) Wolfman Jack
(c) Alan Freed
11. In 1957, he left the music business to become a preacher:
(a) Little Richard
(b) Frankie Lymon
(c) Tony Orlando
12. Paul Anka’s ”Puppy Love” is written to what star?
(a) Brenda Lee
(b) Connie Francis
(c) Annette Funicello
13. The Everly Brothers were…..
(a) Pete and Dick
(b) Don and Phil
(c) Bob and Bill
14. The Big Bopper’s real name was:
(a) Jiles P. Richardson
(b) Roy Harold Scherer Jr.
(c) Marion Michael Morrison
15. In 1959, Berry Gordy, Jr., started a small record company called…
16. Edd Brynes had a hit with ”Kookie, Kookie, Lend Me Your Comb”. What TV
show was he on?
(a) 77 Sunset Strip
(b) Hawaiian Eye
(c) Surfside Six
17. In 1960 Bobby Darin married:
(a) Carol Lynley
(b) Sandra Dee
(c) Natalie Wood
18. They were a one hit wonder with ”Book of Love”
(a) The Penguins
(b) The Monotones
(c) The Moonglows
19. The Everly Brothers sang a song called ”Till I ______ You.”
20. Chuck Berry sang ”Oh, ___________, why can’t you be true?”
(a) Suzie Q
(b) Peggy Sue
21. ”Wooly _______”
22. ”I’m like a one-eyed cat…..”
(a) can’t go into town no more
(b) sleepin’ on a cold hard floor
(c) peepin’ in a seafood store
23. ”Sometimes I wonder what I’m gonna do……..”
(a) cause there ain’t no answer for a life without booze
(b) cause there ain’t no cure for the summertime blues
(c) cause my car’s gassed up and I’m ready to cruise
24. ”They often call me Speedo, but my real name is……”
(a) Mr. Earl
(b) Jackie Pearl
(c) Milton Berle
25. ”Be Bop A Lula ….”
(a) she’s got the rabies
(b) she’s my baby.
(c) she loves me, maybe
26. ”Fine Love, Fine Kissing â¦..”
(a) right here
(b) fifty cents
(c) just for you
27. ”He wore black denim trousers and â¦..”
(a) a pink carnation
(b) pink leotards
(c) motorcycle boots
28. ”I got a gal namedâ¦â¦….”
(a) Jenny Zamboni
(b) Gerri Mahoney
(c) Boney Maroney
Scroll Down so you aren’t tempted to cheat (as if cheating were needed
* * * * * * * * * * * *
1. (c) The movie’s over, it’s 4 o’clock
2. (b) Blackboard Jungle
3. (a) Angel
4. (c) Blueberry Hill
5. (a) Mr. Sandman
6. (c) Sun
7. (b) Charlie Brown
8. (a) Mac Heath
9. (c) Tutti Fruitti
10. (c) Alan Freed
11. (a) Little Richard
12. (c) Annette Funicello
13. (b) Don and Phil
14. (a) Jiles P. Richardson
15. (c) Motown
16. (a) 77 Sunset Strip
17. (b) Sandra Dee
18. (b) The Monotones
19. (b) Kissed
20. (c) Maybelline
21. (b) Bully
22. (c) peepin’ in a sea food store
23. (b) cause there ain’t no cure for the summertime blues
24. (a) Mr. Earl
25. (b) she’s my baby
26. (a) right here
27. (c) motorcycle boots
28. (c) Boney Maroney
Gini went to Vegas to see Tina’s recent show she and her family put on. Here are her comments and a photo she emailed me.
The band was great. Tina. Phil. 2 daughters Who are soooooo Talented.
The LHS Class of 1966 is celebrating their 50th Reunion this summer. To cap off their reunion, they are holding an All Alumni Gathering on August 21st, at Alondra Park.
For those of you on Facebook, you may have already seen the event posted on one of the Leuzinger pages. For Facebook members, I believe the link below will get you to the event notice.
For those of you not on Facebook, here are the details for the gathering.
Did you know that the sport of Base Jumping started in Hawthorne by Carl Boenish? I didn’t. I came across this in a post on Facebook, so I thought I would share it here for those of you who are not on Facebook.
On January 17th, CNN is going to televise the movie, “Sunshine Superman”, that tells the story of Carl and Jean Boenish.
For those of you who are not Facebook members, you may not have seen this short summary of our high school or the link to the YouTube video.
I don’t think any of the water polo and swimmers are from 1963, but the photos should bring back some fond memories. Fellow Olympian is the Facebook poster for this summary and YouTube link.
Leuzinger’s Olympic Swimming Pool
The 1932 Olympics, hosted in Los Angeles, coincided with the first graduating class at Leuzinger High. In exchange for volunteering the campus for staging in the Olympic Games, the school was allowed to use the Olympics logo and call itself the Olympians. When The Summer Games returned in 1984, The O.C. tried to take back the name and rings, but the school gave them a copy of the agreement written in 1932 giving the school permanent use.
The …Swimming Pool was originally built and used for The 1932 Los Angeles Olympics. Retired Teacher and Counselor Mike Milling says, “Good to see Don and the water polo team. One thing; Leuzinger High School’s pool was 25yds long. Olympic-sized pools are 50 meters long.”
Time has taken the swimming pool away along with other venues. All that’s left are the memories we share, the mascot name and our school logo.
Below are a couple of pictures that Jerry Johnson included in his email —
“Merry Christmas to all, you can tell it is tough to live here. Happy New Year.”
Jerry lives in La Pine, OR. In keeping with full disclosure, I am posting this From Los Angeles on a beautiful Christmas Day, where it is about 65 degrees, with a visibility of 50 miles or more. 🙂